This course of three peel treatments is the perfect solution for those clients who want to treat hyperpigmentation and melano-hematic pigmentation, signs of ageing, sun damage and acne.
MELINE TREATMENT COURSE (Includes full sized aftercare products)
The MeLine treatment course is completed over a two month period and includes:
Consultation - The consultation appointment includes a VISIA skin scan and preparation advice. Clients must be using a Vitamin C Serum and sun protection for at least two weeks prior to having their first peel.
First Application - During this appointment your peel is applied and you will receive your first aftercare products with instructions on how to use it.
1 Week Review - During your review appointment we will assess your post-peel skin and provide you with two further aftercare products.
Second Application - 3 Weeks later - During this appointment your second peel is applied.
Note: We also recommend that client’s purchase the Meline’s Mask product, which when used once per week assists in preventing the re-appearance of pigmentation. Six months later we get you back in and do a third peel application and this is included in your peel package.
The MeLine treatment process is described as‘controlled chemical dermabrasion’ and is a customised process that uses the application of MeLine’s specially formulated peel mask to lift away the top layer of dead skin cells.
The MeLine process includes three steps: preparation, peel and then a Programme of prescribed aftercare products to use at home. These products are designed to control pigmentation, decrease melanin production, promote renewal of skin cells, improve sun damage and even out the tone and colour of the skin - helping you maintain your after peel complexion!
- Skin preparation includes cleansing, degreasing and the application of a MeLine preparation compound (2 layers) which are left to act on the skin for the appropriate length of time before removal and rinsing
- The next step is the application of your customised MeLine peel mask, using a thicker application on the areas requiring more intensity (e.g. hyperpigmentation, fine lines, and acne). This is then left to act for the appropriate length of time. Note: Some patients return home with the mask still in place.
- Aftercare: A special aftercare regime will be provided. These products are to be used in place of your usual skincare regime for the next 8 weeks.
- This process is repeated at your second appointment which is 4 weeks after your first treatment.
What hyperpigmentation conditions can be treated?
Hyperpigmentation results from increased melanin levels due to melanocyte hyperactivity. This is a sign of photo-aging of the skin due to excessive sun exposure. Melasma and/or chloasma are a specific type of hyperpigmentation which can be very challenging to treat due to their tendency to recur. While hyperpigmentation can be significantly improved, long term results depend on regular use of a high SPF sun screen.
What acne problems can be treated?
Acne-prone skin generally has increased sebum secretion, open pores and for many patients, redness or flushing (especially with fair skin). Controlled chemical dermabrasion can be an excellent help for patients with acne.
What aftercare precautions do I need to take after a MeLine peel?
It is vital that you protect your skin from the damage that UVA and UVB rays cause by using a high factor UVA/UVB cream every day. We can recommend suitable sunscreen products to complement your peel
You will also be advised on a skin care routine:
What are the immediate side-effects?
Immediate (same day and over the next week following your peel) after effects include reddening and flaky skin. Peeling tends to start after 48 hours and will last for 3-4 days.
Patients who have a stronger treatment may experience some swelling.
What skin types can MeLine be used for?
- Caucasian and ethnic skin types
- Acne-prone and spotty skin
- Suitable for use on the face or body (e.g. acne chest/shoulders)
When can’t I have a MeLine treatment?
MeLine is not suitable under the following conditions:
- Allergy to any of the active ingredients in MeLine
- Recent sun exposure
- Photosensitivity and autoimmune diseases
- Active skin infection
- Immediate social engagements, due to the likelihood of redness/peeling
What makes MeLine special?
MeLine’s controlled chemical dermabrasion product is an innovative treatment for a number of reasons:
- Application in the form of an occlusive emulsion (self-moisturising effect)
- Formulation with various active ingredients to act on pigmentation at different levels.
- Leave-on time
Due to the active nature of MeLine Peel’s you are unable to book this treatment without first completing a skin consultation.
We are the only Clinic in Invercargill offering this treatment.